A Place Prepared for You
Text: John 14:1-6
- Don’t allow your heart to be troubled
- If your heart is troubled, you lack faith in God or in Jesus
- If you have faith in God and in Jesus, your heart will not be troubled by anything
- In God’s house, there are many mansions – you must believe it by faith
- I go to prepare a place for you – you must believe it by faith
- “I will come again and receive you to myself” – that where I am, there you may be also – you must believe it by faith
- Since we do not know how to get there, Jesus said
- I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me
- Jesus is the Way that leads to the Father, the Way that leads to the mansion
- Jesus is the Truth – it is impossible for Him to lie – Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
- Therefore, He is the only Way to the place He is preparing for you
- Are you prepared to go there with Him?
- If you don’t believe, you cannot go.
- It is only those who believe in God that can go
The place prepared for You
- The place prepared for you is called Heaven
- 2Co 12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2Co 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 2Co 12:3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 2Co 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
- The Bible speaks of 3 heavens (caught up to the third heaven)
- 1 – The atmospheric heaven – the sky
- 2 – The heavenlies – where principalities and powers rule
- 3 – The Heaven of heavens – where God’s throne is
- The place prepared for you is in the third heaven
- See Ezekiel 1, Isaiah 6:1-4, Rev 21, 22
- No death, no sorrow, no crying, and no more pain
- No sicknesses, no diseases
- The walls are made of jasper
- The city was pure gold
- The twelve gates were 12 pearls
- The Lord and the Lamb are the temple of the city
- No need for the sun or moon. The glory of God lighten the city, and the Lamb is the light.
- There is no night there – no darkness
Qualifications to go to that place
- Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- Jesus Christ is the only One who is the Way to Heaven
- It is not Mohammed
- It is not Buddha
- It is not Hindhu
- It is not Sango, Obatala, and the rest of the false gods
- It is Jesus
- All you have to do is accept Him as your Lord and Savior, and follow His ways.
- His ways will lead you to heaven
- His way is holiness: Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
- The Bible says these people cannot go to heaven:
- Rev 21:8,27
- Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
- Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
- If one fails to make heaven, the only other place is hell. There is nothing else in between.
Rewards for getting there
While it is good to make it to heaven. There are also rewards available.
- Joh 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you
- This tells me that Jesus is preparing a mansion for me.
- Not like the mansions of Georgia, but like you have never seen before.
- Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
- The work that you do here for the sake of the kingdom will surely be rewarded in heaven
- Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
- There are crowns awaiting you in heaven for the work that you do here on earth
- The Crown of Life – Jam 1:12, Rev 2:10
- The Crown of Glory – 1 Pet. 5:4
- The Crown of Righteousness – 2 Tim 4:8
- Heb 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
- God will never forget your work and labor. There is a book recording everything you do in heaven. One day, that book will be opened and it will be read.
- When they get to your name, what will it say? What treasures are you laying up in heaven? Are you just working and paying bills? Or are you laying treasures in heaven?
- Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
- What are you doing now that is being recorded in the books?
- Are your works empty? Or are they full?
- If you don’t know, start doing good works today.
- Jesus has gone to prepare a place for all of us – the place called Heaven
- He will come back to receive us unto Him and take us home
- This is only for those who have received Him as their Lord and Savior
- Good works is good, but it will not take you to heaven
- Being nice is good, but it will not take you to heaven – Only by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior will qualify you for heaven
- Then and only then, can your good works and niceness be rewarded.
- The place has been prepared for you – it is yours to keep or yours to lose
- It can be kept or lost by the decisions we make in life
- While we wait for Jesus, our works should be good because it is being recorded in heaven