An Effective Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving is our way of expressing gratitude towards God
- Thanksgiving is our way of showing our appreciation for all that He has done, for all He is doing, and for all He is yet to do.
- Thanksgiving is a way of humbling ourselves before God because lack of thanksgiving is a sign of pride.
1. Thanksgiving is not conditional
2. Prayers must be packaged with Thanksgiving
3. Thanksgiving is a way to stay connected with God
4. Thanksgiving seals our blessings, miracles, and testimonies for good.
5. Thanksgiving must be effective
- Be heartfelt – not superficial, not fake
- Cost you something
- Must be packaged with a testimony.
6. Reasons you should be full of thanks this year.
- Some people that were younger than you died last year and did not make it into this year
- God did not and will not allow any form of sickness or disease to come near you
- It attributes all your successes and achievements to God
- It’s an evidence of your reliance on God, even when things are not so good.
- It confuses the enemy
- It is a form of humility before God
- In anticipation of your expectations in the year 2015