Text: John 14:1-4
[Joh 14:1] Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
[Joh 14:2] In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
[Joh 14:3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
[Joh 14:4] And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
In the early morning hours of 1/1/17 I had a dream that I was walking with a lot of people. We then came to a very large church building (we were all Christians). As we entered, people were being separated into those on the right and those on the left. Those on the left had a whitish mark on their foreheads, and as soon as I saw that mark, I knew they were destined for hell. I was told to join the ones on the left. I protested that I cannot join this people; I refuse to join these people. All of a sudden I was pulled back from that group. Everybody else that were told the same thing just kept going quietly and seating down on the left with no revelation of their destination. The dream ended.
Immediately, I had another dream that I was telling people about the first dream.
When I woke up, I realized that this is a warning for Christians. Mere church attendance does not make you get to heaven. The only way to heaven (John 14:6) is to maintain a proper relationship with Jesus Christ. Your denomination or church affiliation does not matter. Your title does not matter.
If you are determined to make heaven, don’t allow anything to take you to hell, including churches that are not teaching the undiluted Word of God. Open your eyes, take your Christian walk seriously, and follow the example of Jesus Christ.
[Mat 25:32] And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
[Mat 25:33] And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
- In the Redeemed Christian Church of God, our number 1 goal is to make heaven.
- Making heaven should be the primary goal of every believer
- If heaven is not your primary goal, such person is wasting their time in church
- The purpose of the church is to help people make heaven, while going through a journey on earth.
- Heaven is my eternal home. Earth is my journey.
- Let not your heart be troubled – Peace
- You believe in God, believe also in Jesus Christ – Faith
- In my Father’s house are many mansions – destination (Heaven is the Father’s house)
- I go to prepare a place for you – Personal
- I will come again – Second coming of Jesus (Rapture)
- Receive you unto myself – how we will get there
- God is a Spirit – John 4:24
- The Father’s house must be a spiritual house
- We are spirit beings
- [1Th 5:23] And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Spirits don’t die, they live forever, either in hell or in heaven
- Your spirit will live forever
- I’m yet to read in the Bible where a spirit was killed
- It is with our spirit that we will live with God
- Your current physical body will be gone and a new spiritual body will be given you (1 Cor. 15:35-49)
- [1Co 15:44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
- It is with your spiritual body that one will live forever, either in heaven with God or in hell with devil and all his demons
- We get to choose where we will spend eternity, by choosing Christ or rejecting Christ.
The Lamb’s Book of Life:
- There is a book called the Book of Life. That book contains the names of those that have chosen heaven by choosing Christ.
- Scriptures about the Book of Life: Rev:3:5, 13:8, 17:8, 20:12, 15, 21:27, Ex. 32:32, Ps 69:28, Luk 10:20
- [Exo 32:32] Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy bookwhich thou hast written.
- [Psa 69:28] Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.
- [Rev 3:5] He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
- [Rev 13:8] And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
- [Rev 17:8] The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
- [Rev 20:12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which isthe bookof life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
- [Rev 20:15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
- [Rev 21:27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
- [Luk 10:20] Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
- The question is, Is your name written in the Lamb’s Book of Life?
- Names are written with the Blood of the Lamb (Jesus).
- Anyone that has not accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior will not have their name in this book.
- Only those that have accepted Jesus Christ qualify to have their name in the Lamb’s book of life
- If one’s name is not in the book of life, that name is written in the book of death
- The names written in the book of life can be erased by sin.
- However, that same blood used to write the names in the Book of Life can wash away sins
- Come to God and ask Him for forgiveness
- 1 John 1:7-10
- [1Jn 1:7] But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
- [1Jn 1:8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- [1Jn 1:9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- [1Jn 1:10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
- Don’t let anything get in between you and heaven
- Can we pray for a few minutes? Ask God to forgive you, ask Him to write your name back in the Book of Life.
9 Facts about heaven
- Heaven is the throne of God
- [Isa 66:1] Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
- There are mansions being built in heaven for you, therefore heaven is meant for you
- [Joh 14:2] In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
- The streets are paved with gold
- [Rev 21:18] And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
- There shall be no weeping there
- There shall be no death – death is only on earth
- There shall be no more sorrow there
- There shall be no sickness
- [Rev 21:4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
- There shall be no old age – you shall receive a spiritual body – [1Co 15:44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
- Our only job will be to worship God with the 24 elders
- [Rev 4:10] The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
- [Rev 5:14] And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
- [Rev 11:16] And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
- [Rev 19:4] And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
- Let heaven be the first priority in your life, part of your daily focus
- No matter how long you live on earth, there’s an eternity awaiting your spirit
- At the most one will live to be 120 years old on earth
- Imagine living for 120,000 years old in the spirit
- Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior
- Hold on to Jesus and His Word while you are here on earth
- Your place in heaven will be secured