Title: His Blood Be On Us
Text: Matt. 27:24-26 (NKJV)
[Mat 27:24] When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it.”
[Mat 27:25] And all the people answered and said, “His blood be on us and on our children.”
[Mat 27:26] Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified.
Passover – Gen 11
- The Passover was instituted by God as a symbol of what is to come
- To understand the statement, “His blood be on us”, we must understand the Passover.
[Exo 12:5] Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats.
[2Co 5:21] For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
[Exo 12:7] And they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses where they eat it.
The lintel is the support beam that holds the weight of the building.
The doorposts back then is usually below the lintel
The lintel is symbolic of the spirit of man
The doorposts are symbolic of the soul and the body
All three makes the sign of the cross
The blood must be applied on the spirit, soul, and body
Through the blood of the Lamb, your body, soul, and spirit has life
[Exo 12:13] Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.
[Exo 12:23] For the LORD will pass through to strike the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the LORD will pass over the door and not allow the destroyer to come into your houses to strike you.
Through the blood, spiritual death, eternal damnation will pass over you
Through the blood, physical death, through sickness and diseases will pass over you
Through the blood, death of the soul shall pass over you
Even untimely death will pass over you
May His blood be on us in the name of Jesus Christ
The Communion – John 6:48-58
[Joh 6:48] I am the bread of life.
[Joh 6:49] Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
[Joh 6:50] This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.
[Joh 6:51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”
[Joh 6:52] The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?”
[Joh 6:53] Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
[Joh 6:54] Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
[Joh 6:55] For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.
[Joh 6:56] He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
[Joh 6:57] As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.
[Joh 6:58] This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”
- Jesus Christ is the bread of life
- He who eats this bread and drinks this blood, you will live forever – you will have no part in the second death (judgment)
- The flesh and the blood are spiritual food indeed
- When you partake of it, you are marked in the spirit world
- The angel of death (spirit being) passed over the houses (physical houses) of the children of Israel where the angel saw the blood
- The marking of the blood on you tells the spirit world who you belong to.
- Never look at the communion as just bread and wine
- If you do not partake in the communion, it will be good for you start
- We have communion service every first Friday of the month – it is supper, not breakfast
- If you cannot make it to the communion service, get your own bread and wine, read the Scriptures on it, take it, and pray.
- When you pray, plead the blood of Jesus on yourself, your children, your household – don’t worry, the blood will never run out.
- When evil sees the blood, they keep going, they cannot drop their evil package at your doorstep.
Rules for the Passover
[Exo 12:43] And the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “This is the ordinance of the Passover: No foreigner shall eat it.
[Exo 12:48] And when a stranger dwells with youand wants to keep the Passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as a native of the land. For no uncircumcised person shall eat it.
If a person has become born-again, the person can partake in the Communion
[Rev 12:7] And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,
[Rev 12:8] but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.
[Rev 12:9] So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
[Rev 12:10] Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.
[Rev 12:11] And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
[Rev 12:12] Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”