Text: John 6:1-13
Last week, we learned the purposes of a miracle:
- To deliver from bondage (including sickness) – John 5:1-18
- To nullify shame – John 2:1-11
- To win the battle against the powers of darkness – Ex. 14:26-31
- To magnify and glorify the name of the Most High God – Acts 3:1-10
The story of the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes is not new to us. However, there are hidden treasures in this story that we need to uncover. We will talk about some of these hidden treasures and I pray that the Holy Spirit will open our eyes of understanding to behold the mysteries in the Word of God in Jesus name.
- Be careful running after miracles
- Stop The Worry
- He is the beginning and the end. He knows your tomorrow, your end. So, why worry.
- The plan of God for you is to not worry. Don’t let fear rob you of your blessings.
- The Resources are in someone’s hand, here on earth
- v9 – there’s always somebody with the needed resources for the work of God. Others may not see it.
- Your resources in the hand of God will be multiplied until It becomes a miracle in the name of Jesus.
- Your potential is yet to be realized (…but what are they among so many?)
- Everybody saw the little boy with 5 loaves and 2 fish, but they said, what is that among so many, including the disciples
- However, Jesus saw the resources of that little boy feeding the multitudes
- Never underestimate your potential – regardless of what anyone says or think.
- Your potential in the hand of God is unlimited –
- Your potential in the hand of God will change your life for good –
- That little boy’s life will never remain the same. Through his lunch 5K men => 20K people (1 wife + 2 children) were fed – they usually only count men (see Num. 26, 2 Sam 24)
- Your potential may be hidden to the naked eye, but it is there.
- The Lord told Jeremiah, Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
- When God created you, he loaded you with the seed of the resources you will need. It is up to you to water that seed and allow it to grow and see the fruit come out.
- Everything you need to be a success story is already on the inside of you or around you
- Your satisfaction is with Jesus
- Joh 6:12 When they were filled…
- They were satisfied with the meal that was heavenly prepared
- Through your resources, God will satisfy his people
- God will make you a blessing unto others
- Because of you, multitudes will give God all the glory
- Jesus does not waste resources
- Joh 6:12 When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
- Don’t ever think that some things or people are useless in your life. There is a purpose for which God has brought them into your life.
- That purpose will be fulfilled in Jesus name
- Your obedience and generosity will be rewarded
- Joh 6:13 Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten.
- 12 baskets of leftover – belongs to the young boy
- Don’t run blindly after miracles
- Your relationship with Jesus is better than any miracle
- The miracle you are searching for may already be around you.
- They were looking to feed the multitude, however, the meal of the multitude was already provided among them.
- Your potential is unlimited in the hands of God.
- Look deep within, you are a source of miracle to somebody.