Text: Eph. 6:12
[Eph 6:12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- So far we answered and discussed the following:
- What is spiritual warfare?
- When do you warfare?
- Qualifications to warfare
- 7 Vital items of warfare from Eph. 6:10-18
- The Weapons of our warfare – 2 Cor. 10:3-5
- The Word of God
- The name of Jesus
- The blood of Jesus
- Praise and Worship
Mat 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
The 12 Demonic Spirits (strong men) in the Bible
1. The spirit of Jealousy – Num 5:11-14
Num 5:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Num 5:12 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man’s wife go aside, and commit a trespass against him,
Num 5:13 And a man lie with her carnally, and it be hid from the eyes of her husband, and be kept close, and she be defiled, and there be no witness against her, neither she be taken with the manner;
Num 5:14 And the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled:
- Prov 6:34-35 – jealousy brings rage, vengeance, not content Pro 6:34 For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance. Pro 6:35 He will not regard any ransom; neither will he rest content, though thou givest many gifts.
2. The spirit of lying (lying spirit)
- 2 Chro. 18:18-22: the lying spirit came to the prophets. 2Ch 18:18 Again he said, Therefore hear the word of the LORD; I saw the LORD sitting upon his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left. 2Ch 18:19 And the LORD said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner. 2Ch 18:20 Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will entice him. And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? 2Ch 18:21 And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the LORD said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so. 2Ch 18:22 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee.
- religious spirit
- this spirit is superstitous – Ez. 12:24 – flattering divination- Eze 12:24 For there shall be no more any vain vision nor flattering divination within the house of Israel.
- Jer 23:4 And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD.
- Evil doing
- There’s a curse on it
- Vision of their own heart, not from the Lord
3. Familiar spirit
- 1 Sam 28:7 – Saul sought for a familiar spirit – 1Sa 28:7 Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and enquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor.
- Deut 18:10-12 – forbidden by the Lord – Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
- Fortune teller
- Star gazers
4. Spirit of Perversion
- Isa 19:14 The LORD hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.
- Error: cause people to live in error
- Unable to discover the truth of God’s Word
- People that preach error
- Will bring about laziness
- Hates God – Pro 14:2 He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.
- Will manifest itself in men who lust after women – Pro 23:33 Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
- It always twist the Word of God – Act 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
5. Spirit of heaviness
- Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for thespirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
- Self pity
- Gloominess – always negative
6. Spirit of whoredom
- Hos 4:12 My people ask counsel at their stocks, and their staff declareth unto them: for the spirit of whoredoms hath caused them to err, and they have gone a whoring from under their God.
- Ez. 16:28-39 Eze 16:28 Thou hast played the whore also with the Assyrians, because thou wast unsatiable; yea, thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied. Eze 16:29 Thou hast moreover multiplied thy fornication in the land of Canaan unto Chaldea; and yet thou wast not satisfied herewith. Eze 16:30 How weak is thine heart, saith the Lord GOD, seeing thou doest all these things, the work of an imperious whorish woman; Eze 16:31 In that thou buildest thine eminent place in the head of every way, and makest thine high place in every street; and hast not been as an harlot, in that thou scornest hire; Eze 16:32 But as a wife that committeth adultery, which taketh strangers instead of her husband! Eze 16:33 They give gifts to all whores: but thou givest thy gifts to all thy lovers, and hirest them, that they may come unto thee on every side for thy whoredom. Eze 16:34 And the contrary is in thee from other women in thy whoredoms, whereas none followeth thee to commit whoredoms: and in that thou givest a reward, and no reward is given unto thee, therefore thou art contrary. Eze 16:35 Wherefore, O harlot, hear the word of the LORD: Eze 16:36 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thy filthiness was poured out, and thy nakedness discovered through thy whoredoms with thy lovers, and with all the idols of thy abominations, and by the blood of thy children, which thou didst give unto them; Eze 16:37 Behold, therefore I will gather all thy lovers, with whom thou hast taken pleasure, and all them that thou hast loved, with all them that thou hast hated; I will even gather them round about against thee, and will discover thy nakedness unto them, that they may see all thy nakedness. Eze 16:38 And I will judge thee, as women that break wedlock and shed blood are judged; and I will give thee blood in fury and jealousy. Eze 16:39 And I will also give thee into their hand, and they shall throw down thine eminent place, and shall break down thy high places: they shall strip thee also of thy clothes, and shall take thy fair jewels, and leave thee naked and bare.
- Idol worshiping (idolatry)
- It goes hand in hand with the religious spirit (spirit of anti-christ)
- Never satisfied
- Weak heart (can never say no. No will of their own)
- End result of whoredomness – poverty
7. Spirit of Infirmity
- Luk 13:11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself.
- All demonic sicknesses are controlled by the spirit of infirmity
- Sickness and diseases
8. Dumb and deaf spirit
- Mark 9:17-25 Mar 9:17 And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit; Mar 9:18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not. Mar 9:19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me. Mar 9:20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming. Mar 9:21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child. Mar 9:22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us. Mar 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mar 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. Mar 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
9. Spirit of fear
- 2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
- Inferiority complex
- Fear of height, darkness
- Sensing danger always
- Physical uncontrollable trembling for no reason
- Job 4:14 Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake.
10. Spirit of pride
- Pro 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
- Haughty spirit
- Contentions and in-fighting – Pro 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.
- Wrath – Pro 21:24 Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.
- Controlling spirit – always wants to control people
11. Spirit of bondage
- Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
- It is a spirit that manifests also in fear
- Anguish – Exo 6:9 And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.
- Addictions (drug, alcohol, etc)
- Spiritual blindness (hear the word, but no change)
12. Spirit of anti-Christ
- 1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
- The spirit that denies the virgin birth
- It will also deny the deity of Jesus (that He’s a prophet)
- It denies that Jesus is the Son of God
- It denies that He came in the flesh
- Denies that He died on the cross
- That He resurrected
- A religious spirit
- Controls many nations…
- Those that preach part of the Bible and don’t believe the rest
Demons hide under a different name. You got to find the name (strong man) to cast the demon out.
The Battle At Jericho – Josh. 6
- The LORD had given Jericho unto Joshua and the children of Israel
- Joshua was given the battle strategy
- Go around the city once per day for 6 days,
- The priests will be blowing their horns, and
- The Ark of the Covenant with them
- On the 7th day, go around the city 7 times
- The priests will be blowing their horns
- The Ark of the Covenant with them
- On the 7th time, the children of Israel are to shout
- [Jos 6:20] So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.
- What can we learn from this:
- The battle strategy was given by the Lord
- The presence of God went with them
- They followed the instructions of the Lord
- They had their victory
The Battle at Ai – Josh. 7 & 8
- The first time they went after Ai, they were defeated
- Ai was smaller than Jericho, so they underestimated Ai – Josh. 7:3
- They did not seek the face of God for the battle strategy
- The presence of God was no longer with them because the accursed was among them
- Achan took of garment, silver, and gold from Jericho
- They were commanded not to take anything from Jericho
- When they got rid of the accursed, then and only then, could they go after Ai
- The second time they went after Ai, they were victorious – Josh. 8
- They did not make the same mistake from the first time
- The got the battle plan from God
- The presence of God was with them
- They followed the instructions of the Lord
- They had their victory
- What can we learn from this:
- If you prayed and mountains moved yesterday, give glory to God.
- When the next battle comes, you must still rely on God.
- Don’t rely on yesterday’s battle strategy for today’s warfare.
- Get fresh battle strategy from the Lord
- Never go to battle without the presence of God.
The Battle Against the Philistines – 2 Sam. 5:17-25
The Reason for the battles
- Why must the children of Israel fight battles when God had already given them the land?
- Because their adversary is stubborn, and will never let go willingly.
- Why must we warfare when God has already promised us all things?
- Because your adversary is stubborn, and will never let go willingly.
- The role of the Holy Spirit
- The role of prayer
- The role of fasting
1 John 3:8 –
1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Col 2:14-15 –
Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Ps. 5:10 –
Psa 5:10 Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.
Ps. 6:10 –
Psa 6:10 Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return andbe ashamed suddenly.
Ps. 7:1 –
Psa 7:1 O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:
Ps. 7:6 –
Psa 7:6 Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded.
Ps. 10:15 –
Psa 10:15 Break thou the arm of the wicked and the evil man: seek out his wickedness till thou find none.
Ps. 11:6 –
Psa 11:6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
Ps. 18:1-50 – the whole chapter
Psa 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD isthe strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Psa 27:2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
Psa 27:3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
Ps. 68 – the whole chapter
Psa 144:5 Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
Psa 144:6 Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.
Job 5:12 He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise.
- The devil’s success is dependent on your ignorance
- Time to stop being ignorant
- Study the Bible like your life depends on it – because it actually depends on it
- Memorize scriptures – it is what you put in that the Holy Spirit will bring out
- Read books by Christian authors
- The Believer’s Authority by Kenneth Hagin
- The Triumphant Church by Kenneth Hagin
- Good Morning Holy Spirit by Benny Hinn
- Don’t go looking for the devil – it’s not our job to look for him – it takes our focus away from God
- However, if the occasion calls for it, you must warfare
- Never go to battle unprepared – be prepared at all times