Title: Spiritual Warfare
Text: Eph. 6:12
[Eph 6:12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- When the topic spiritual warfare comes up, some Christians get scared and anxious. Such Christians are of the opinion that their normal prayers are enough. I know because I used to be one of them.
- God did answer my normal prayers, but there are some deeper things that needed to be addressed through warfare.
- The fact is that there is a time for normal prayers and there is a time for warfare prayers.
- You should not pray warfare prayers at a time for normal prayers. For example, blessing your meal does not require warfare
- Equally, you do not pray normal prayers at a time for warfare prayers. For example, dealing with demonic stronghold
- Some Scriptures on why warfare prayers are needed:
- [1Pe 5:8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: [1Pe 5:9] Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
- [Luk 10:19] Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
- [Luk 13:16] And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?
- [Joh 10:10] The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
- How do you know when to warfare?
- A mother who had a purse with $20 stolen will react differently to the thief to having her baby stolen.
- She may let go of the purse, but the baby? She will fight with her last breath.
- What’s the difference? Matters that are vital in life require warfare. Matters that are miniscule may not.
- Anyone in their right mind will not go into a battle with anything less than 50% chance of winning. Otherwise, the person will either surrender or find an ally that will improve the odds.
- The good news is that when Christians go into warfare, we start warfare in the position of victory 100%. Our Ally has improved our odds of winning to guaranteed winning.
- [1Co 15:57] But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The only issue is that we still have to go to battle, the victory is not automated.
- Remember the 12 spies Moses sent to spy out the land?
- 10 out of 12 did not want to warfare. That sums up Christianity today. We do not want to warfare. – Num 13:25-33
- [Num 13:25] And they returned from searching of the land after forty days.
[Num 13:26] And they went and came to Moses, and to Aaron, and to all the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the wilderness of Paran, to Kadesh; and brought back word unto them, and unto all the congregation, and shewed them the fruit of the land.
[Num 13:27] And they told him, and said, We came unto the land whither thou sentest us, and surely it floweth with milk and honey; and this isthe fruit of it.
[Num 13:28] Nevertheless the people be strong that dwell in the land, and the cities are walled,and very great: and moreover we saw the children of Anak there.
[Num 13:29] The Amalekites dwell in the land of the south: and the Hittites, and the Jebusites, and the Amorites, dwell in the mountains: and the Canaanites dwell by the sea, and by the coast of Jordan.
[Num 13:30] And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.
[Num 13:31] But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.
[Num 13:32] And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.
[Num 13:33] And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
- Out of the 12, only 2 of them (Joshua and Caleb) entered the promised land.
- If you plan to step into what God has for you, you MUST warfare
- There will never be total victory unless Christians warfare.
What is spiritual warfare?
- Spiritual warfare is the act of possessing what is rightfully yours and rejecting what God has not destined for you.
- Sickness and disease are not meant to be yours, but if one accepts it from the pit of hell, one becomes the owner
- [Act 10:38] How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, andhealing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
- Stop calling sickness and disease yours. My migraine, my cancer, my fibramalagia or whatever it’s called.
- If God did not give it to you, it is NOT yours.
- Spiritual warfare is the battle against activities of the demonic world
- [Eph 6:12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- The Jesus taught us about demonic strong men we must bind.
- [Mat 12:29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
- We are living in the strong man’s house because the devil is the god of this world, and it will remain so until our Lord Jesus Christ returns.
- [2Co 4:4] In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
- How can children of God living in a strong man’s house spoil his good? They must bind the strong men. How do we bind the strong men? Through warfare prayers.
- There are 12 strong men mentioned in the Bible. I call them the false disciples of Lucifer.
- They are responsible for virtually all the atrocities of man
- Their goal is to kill, to steal, and to destroy.
Qualifications to warfare
- Acts 19:13-18
- [Act 19:13] Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
[Act 19:14] And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew,and chief of the priests, which did so.
[Act 19:15] And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
[Act 19:16] And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
[Act 19:17] And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
[Act 19:18] And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.
- You must belong to Jesus Christ
- You must be obedient to the Word of God (you must be Holy)
- You cannot go into battle in the authority of whom you do not believe.
- You must be ready to enlist as a soldier of Christ – 2 Tim. 2:1-4
- [2Ti 2:1] Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
[2Ti 2:2] And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
[2Ti 2:3] Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
[2Ti 2:4] No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
- Soldiers do not sleep for 10 hours a day
- Soldiers are always ready for battle
- Soldiers are always watchful – be sober, be vigilant
- Soldiers are trained to use their weapons
7 Things are vital in Warfare – Eph. 6:10-18
- Be strong in the Lord
- Be strong in His power – Eph. 1:19-20
- Put on the whole armour – to stand against the devil (your enemy)
- John 10:10, 1 Pet. 5:8-9
- Know your enemy –
- Rulers of the darkness
- Spiritual wickedness
- Whole armor
- Breastplate of righteousness
- Gospel of peace
- Shield of faith
- Helmet of salvation
- Sword of the Spirit
- Praying always with all prayers and supplications
- Watching with all perseverance – including fasting
- Note that your back is not protected. Never run from the enemy, he will strike your back
- The Weapons of our warfare – 2 Cor. 10:3-5
- The role of the Holy Spirit
- The role of prayer
- The role of fasting
- The 12 Demonic Spirits in the Bible
- The Battle at Jericho
- The Battle at Ai
- The Battle against Amalek
- The devil sees you the way you see yourself – Num 13:33
- [Num 13:33] And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
- Start seeing yourself the way that God talks about you – Eph 2:5-6
- [Eph 2:5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
[Eph 2:6] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
- The devil’s success is dependent on your ignorance
- Time to stop being ignorant
- Study the Bible like your life depends on it – because it actually depends on it
- Memorize scriptures – it is what you put in that the Holy Spirit will bring out
- Read books by Christian authors
- The Believer’s Authority by Kenneth Hagin
- The Triumphant Church by Kenneth Hagin
- Good Morning Holy Spirit by Benny Hinn
- Don’t go looking for the devil – it’s not our job to look for him – it takes our focus away from God
- However, if the occasion calls for it, you must warfare
- Never go to battle unprepared – be prepared at all times