Title: The God of All Flesh
Text: Jer. 32:26-27
[Jer 32:26] Then came the word of the LORD unto Jeremiah, saying,
[Jer 32:27] Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
- The Word of the LORD came to Jeremiah.
- May the Word of the LORD come to you in the name of Jesus Christ.
- [Heb 4:12] For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
- [Mat 24:35] Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
- [Psa 119:89] For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
- [Psa 119:11] Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- I pray it again, May the Word of the LORD come to you in the name of Jesus Christ.
- The Word makes all the difference.
- The Word of the LORD came to Jeremiah implies that a mystery was revealed to Jeremiah
- Mysteries are not revealed to everybody, but to those that are close to the Most High
- Draw near to God and He will draw near to you
- The mystery: Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
- Jer. 32:27 – Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
- The God of all flesh also means, the master of all flesh, or the owner of all flesh.
- All flesh (except human beings) obey God without asking questions
- Land animals, sea animals, they all obey Him without asking questions
- When Noah built the ark, even a goat that is known to be stubborn, entered the boat. But man questioned the message of Noah that rain and flood were coming.
- Jonah was swallowed by fish as the fish was commanded. No questions asked. The fish vomited Jonah as commanded, no question. But Jonah…
- The donkey spoke to Balaam as commanded, but Balaam…
- When Peter caught nothing all night, at the Word of God, he let down his net again, and at that same Word, the fish obeyed and entered the net of Peter.
- When Elijah was told to go to brook Cherith, God commanded ravens to bring him breakfast and dinner
- In Matt. 17:27 – at the Word of God, a fish was commanded to swallow the money that Jesus used to to pay His taxes.
- Animals obey God, but when it comes to man, it’s a different story.
- Will you obey God?
- Man has the “will” from the soul (mind, will, and emotions) to choose what to do. Not even God will override the will of man.
- [Deu 30:19] I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
- God could have chosen life for us, but that would go against the law and order of eternal things that God set in place.
- You must choose life for yourself, and whosoever does not choose life has chosen death.
- [Joh 1:4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
- [Joh 14:6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- From the depth of your soul (will, mind, and emotions), have you chosen life? Have you chosen Jesus?
- Let’s go back to Jeremiah….
- [Jer 32:27] Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
- I am the LORD, the God of all flesh….
- Because He is the God of all flesh (animals),
- For man, man must choose God and surrender his flesh to God, for God to be the LORD of that flesh.
- If He is the LORD of that flesh, there is nothing too hard for God to do concerning that flesh.
- If one has not chosen life, God is not the LORD over that flesh.
- If God is not the LORD over that flesh, everything will be too hard for God to do.
- Remember Jesus could do no mighty things in Nazareth because they rejected Him.
Nothing is too difficult for God
- There is nothing, in heaven and under heaven, too difficult for my God
- [Luk 1:37] For with God nothing shall be impossible.
- In Ezekiel 37, with God, dry bones came back to life
- In John 11, with God, Lazarus came back to life. Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life”
- With God, the woman with the issue of blood of 12 years was instantly healed
- With God, the impotent man of 38 years was instantly healed
- In Mark 5, with God, the mad man of Gadarene was instantly set free
- With God, Sarah’s dead womb, carried Isaac for 9 months and gave birth
- With God, a virgin conceived and gave birth to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
- With God, nothing shall be impossible
Surrender your flesh to God
- Have you surrendered your flesh to God?
- [Rom 12:1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
[Rom 12:2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- Giving God the authority to be the LORD over your flesh
- As a result, nothing shall be too difficult for God to do in your life.