Title: The Greatness of God
Text: Ps. 95:3
[Psa 95:3] For the LORD is the great God, And the great King above all gods.
In size, our God is great
In strength, our God is great – Ps. 24:7-8, Is. 40:28, Prov. 18:10, Eph. 6:10
[Psa 24:7] Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in.
[Psa 24:8] Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, The LORD mighty in battle.
[Isa 40:28] Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable.
[Pro 18:10] The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.
[Eph 6:10] Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
In wisdom, our God is great – 1 Cor. 1:27
[1Co 1:27] But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
The foolishness of God is wiser than the wisest of men
He made Solomon the wisest man that ever lived – because you can only give what you have
In abilities, our God is great – Lk 1:37
- [Luk 1:37] For with God nothing will be impossible.”
- In the book of Genesis, Sarah conceived and had Isaac at the age of 90
- In the book of Exodus, by 10 great plagues, He made Pharaoh release the children of Israel
- He raised Lazarus back to life after he’s been dead for three days
- He commanded the storm to be still
- He healed the woman with the issue of blood without saying a word
- He fed 5000 men with their families from 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish
- He opened the eyes of the blind
- He turned famine into plenty within 24 hours
- No other god can do what our God can do
- That is why, He is greater than the greatest
- Mightier than the mightiest
- Stronger than the strongest
- Better than the best
- Richer than the richest
- Taller than the tallest
- Wider than the widest
- Our great God
In conclusion, read 1 Sam. 5:1-4
[1Sa 5:1] Then the Philistines took the ark of God and brought it from Ebenezer to Ashdod.
[1Sa 5:2] When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon and set it by Dagon.
[1Sa 5:3] And when the people of Ashdod arose early in the morning, there was Dagon, fallen on its face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. So they took Dagon and set it in its place again.
[1Sa 5:4] And when they arose early the next morning, there was Dagon, fallen on its face to the ground before the ark of the LORD. The head of Dagon and both the palms of its hands were broken off on the threshold; only Dagon’s torso was left of it.