The Weapons of Our Warfare – II
Text: 2 Cor. 10:3-5
2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
The Word of God (both an offensive and defensive weapon)
- The Spoken Word
- The Written Word
- The Living Word
Characteristics of the Word of God
1. The Word of God has a purpose
2. The Word of God is a sharp sword
3. The Word of God cuts through the spirit realm
4. The Word of God heals and delivers
5. The Word of God delivers one from temptation
6. The Word of God is the Gospel – the Good News that save souls
3 Things You Must Do with the Word
1. Hear the Word of God daily
2. Obey the Word of God
3. Speak the Word of God
=============================== Part II ============================
The Blood of Jesus (a defensive weapon)
The Passover – a type of the communion – symbolic of what the blood of Jesus will do
|1. Lamb without blemish – Exo 12:5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:
– the lamb is a male
– without blemish
– Examined for 4 days then declared clean before being used as a passover lamb.
|1. Jesus the Lamb of God – Joh 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
– Jesus is a male
– without blemish
– Jesus was in Jerusalem four days prior to His execution and examined for blemish by the Scribes, the Pharisees, Caiaphas, and Pilate. At the end of those four days the head of the household, which was Pilate, stood up and declared Jesus clean, not just once but on three separate occasions. (See John 18:38, 19:4, 19:6.)
|2. The Passover was instituted with the killing of the lamb – Exo 12:11 And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD’S passover.
||2. Jesus was crucified during the passover – Joh 18:39 But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews?
|3. Judgment was executed in Egypt – any household without the blood on the lintel and the door post will be part of the judgment.
- Exo 12:23 For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.
|3. Judgment will be executed in the last days – anyone without the blood of Jesus will be part of the judgment.
- Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
|4. The blood of the lamb was shed to deliver the children of Israel.
||4. The Blood of Jesus was shed to deliver us from the coming destruction.
|5. A stranger is not allowed to eat the passover unless the stranger is circumcised (under the Old Covenant) – Ex. 12:43,48
||5. A person is not allowed to eat the communion unless they give their life to Jesus (under the New Covenant) – 1 Cor. 11:28-29
|6. Num 9:13 But the man that is clean, and is not in a journey, and forbeareth to keep the passover, even the same soul shall be cut off from among his people: because he brought not the offering of the LORD in his appointed season, that man shall bear his sin.
– A person qualified to take the passover and refuses is cut off from his people and the covenant
|6. Joh 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.– A Christian who refuses to partake of the flesh and the body has no life.
Joh 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
1Co 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.
Jesus Shed His Blood 7 times
In Leviticus 14:3-7, during the purification ceremony the priest used a bird that was dipped in blood to sprinkle the leper seven times before declaring the leper is clean.
This was symbolic of Jesus shedding his blood seven times.
Leprosy is symbolic of sin. Before we are declared clean from sin, the Blood of Jesus needs to be applied.
- Jesus Christ shed His blood seven times to perfect the work of the cross
- He shed His blood In Gethsemane
- He shed His blood When He stood before the Jews and they pulled his beard out
- He shed His blood When they smote Him with the reed
- He shed His blood When they whipped His back
- He shed His blood When they nailed His hands to the cross
- He shed His blood When they nailed His feet to the cross
- He shed His blood When they pierced His side
- The church (bride of Jesus) was birthed symbolically when they pierced His side, symbolic of how Eve was birthed from Adam.
- Blood and water came out – symbolic of giving birth
The Blood of Jesus Seals the New Covenant
Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
- A covenant is invalid without the shedding of blood
- The new covenant which is better than the old was sealed by the blood of Jesus
Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it isthe blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
– In the Old Covenant, the payment for human sins was made by the death of a specified animal substitute.
– In the New Covenant, Jesus became our substitute. The shedding of His blood atoned for our sins as our substitute.
– The shedding of His blood sealed the New Covenant and made it perfect.
Testimony of the communion after Dallas Convention
The Blood of Jesus cleanses us from sin
The Blood of Jesus protects us from sickness and disease.
The Blood of Jesus is a shield – therefore cover yourselves with the Blood of Jesus every day
The Name of Jesus
Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Act 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
The name of Jesus:
1. Is above every name – there is power and authority in the name of Jesus (John 1:12)
2. The heavens, the earth, and the world under the earth are subjected to that name (Phil. 2:9-11)
3. Brings us into the throne room of God – we don’t enter by the blood of bulls and goats (Heb 9:12)
4. Is the only name that saves (Matt 1:21, Acts 4:12)
5. Is a name that is anointed – mention the name and the host of heaven will back you up (John 16:23)
6. Is the only name that heals (Acts 3:6)
7. Is the only name that delivers from bondage
8. The Devil and his demons recognize His name and they bow (Phil 2:10)
9. Is the same from everlasting to everlasting (Heb 13:8)
10. Signs and wonders are done through the name of Jesus (Acts 4:30)
Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
As children of God, we are enlisted in the army of God. As a result, God has made powerful weapons available unto us:
1. The Word of God
2. The Blood of Jesus
3. The Name of Jesus
However, if you are not enlisted as a born again child of God, you cannot use these mighty weapons.
You must be born again.
To qualify to use the name of Jesus or any of these weapons, you must fully submit your life to Jesus.
7 Sons of Sceva
Act 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. Act 19:14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. Act 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? Act 19:16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
You must submit your life to Jesus Christ and make Him the Lord of your life. Then, and only then, are these mighty weapons available to you.