Text: Titus 2:11-15
Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Tit 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
- Grace is unmerited favor
- Grace is receiving what you do not deserve
- Grace is free of charge
- Grace is accepting what you never worked for
- Grace is being chosen by God before the foundations of the world – Eph 1:3-6
- Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
- Grace is what caused Jesus to leave His throne in heaven and die on the cross, so we will not have to be a partaker of the eternal punishment awaiting every unrepentant sinner
- Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
- The grace is given by Jesus –
- 1Co 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
- Grace can be multiplied –
- 2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
- Grace can be increased as you grow in Christ –
- 2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen
- Psa 145:18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. Psa 145:19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
- Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
- The work of the grace should not be taken lightly, it must be taken with all seriousness.
- It must be of the highest priority in our lives
- Grace should not be taken for granted –
- Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
- The work of the grace is not for the future, it is for this present time in this “present world”.
The work of the grace is for the following:
- Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
- Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work
- Salvation is the minimum requirement to make heaven – and it is available for free through the work of the grace
- Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- Deny ungodliness
- A lifestyle that does not reverence God – as if God does not exist
- Our society is full of ungodly behaviors – even among believers
- We are trying to take God out of the society – remove prayers from schools, public places – no wonder guns and knives are in schools
- 2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
- Pernicious – has a harmful effect, especially in a gradual or subtle way
- Days of Noah – Gen 6:5-7
- Sodom and Gomorah – Gen 18 and 19
- Our society is worse than than both of these put together
- Do your part to deny ungodliness – worship and serve the Lord, and teach others to do the same – Matt. 28:19.
- Psa 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
- Deny worldly lusts
- Satan is the god of this world – 2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
- Jesus came to deliver us from the world – Gal 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
- We are not of the world – Joh 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. Joh 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
- 1Jn 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
- The lust of the flesh
- The lust of the eyes
- The pride of life
- All 3 are not of God, but of the devil
- Live soberly
- Live a life that is not under the influence of any substance, be it alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, or anything.
- If any substance control you, then one is a slave to that substance – the devil will use that substance as an avenue to attack and destroy
- 1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
- 1Pe 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
- Live righteously – holiness – obedience
- 1Pe 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
- 1Th 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
- Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
- Psa 34:17 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
- Psa 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
- Live godly
- Psa 4:3 But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him.
- Living godly implies –
- Reverence God at all times
- Fear God at all times
- Trust in God at all times
- God must be #1 in all that we do
- Avoid sin like a plague
- No more lies
- No more cursing
- 2Pe 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
The grace have been available to all of us for
- Deny ungodliness
- Deny worldly lust
- Live soberly
- Live righteously
- Live godly
The question is have you accepted that grace?
Is Jesus your Lord?
Are you struggling in area after giving your life to Jesus?
Have you received the Holy Ghost and trust Him to help you?